Established in 2002, Bert’s Big Adventure is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides a magical, all-expenses-paid, five-day journey to Walt Disney World® for children with chronic and terminal illnesses and their families. To qualify for Bert’s Big Adventure, children must be between the ages of 5 and 12, live in “The Bert Show” radio listening area, prove financial need and have never been to Walt Disney World®.
Following the annual trip, Bert’s Big Adventure provides year-round support through initiatives such as the Reunion Adventures, the Fairy Godparent volunteer program and additional charitable services. The trip and programs create a community of families that establish lasting friendships with others facing similar challenges.
Bert’s Big Adventure qualifications include the following:
- The child is between the ages of 5 and 12 years old, or will be at the time of the trip (February 2018).
- The has never been to Walt Disney World.
- The child has been diagnosed with a chronic or terminal illness, or is physically challenged.
- Without the help of Bert’s Big Adventure, the family does not have the financial means available to afford a trip to Walt Disney World.
- The child/family must live in the radio listening area of The Bert Show. Applications will be accepted from the Atlanta, GA, Brunswick, GA, Casper, WY, Charleston, SC, Dallas, TX, Dothan, AL, Fort Wayne, IN, Grand Forks, ND, Huntington, WV, Jamestown, ND, Macon, GA, Mobridge, SD, Nashville, TN, Pierre, SD, Savannah, GA and listening areas for the 2018 trip.
Apply for your own family or nominate a family you know!
While the five-day journey to Walt Disney World® will always be at our core, we have evolved into an organization that focuses on togetherness, not escape. Therefore, we created more programs so that the families could further the bonds that are created on the trip!