Sunday, November 19th, nearly 70 Bert’s Big Adventure families gathered together for the annual holiday reunion adventure at Phipps Plaza. So many people in the community helped out to make this a memorable reunion and we need to thank them all for helping us celebrate the magic of the holidays!
This reunion was generously sponsored by:
• Santa at Phipps– Santa at Phipps donated his time to sit with each and every family that attended. In addition to his time during the busy holiday season, Santa at Phipps is donating photo packages to each family for a keepsake.
• Davio’s Northern Italian Steakhouse– Davio’s helped cater a beautiful and tasty Italian dinner for everyone to enjoy.
• LEGOLAND Discovery Center Atlanta – Children were invited to join the Master Builders from LEGOLAND in a fun building activity.
• Ken Scott Magic– The young and young at heart enjoyed watching the wonderful Ken Scott perform magic. He had everybody laughing!
• Spa Sydell– The adults were invited to get pampered with a mini-massages and/or hand treatments from Spa Sydell.
• Caja Poporn– Everyone enjoyed the tasty samples that Caja Popcorn gave out as they waited in line to see Santa!
• Mae’s Bakery – Mae’s Bakery brought delicious Bert’s Big Adventure themed sheet cakes and kept everyone’s sweet tooth totally satisfied!
• Miss Teen America, Lindsay Dobbs, and Miss Jr. Teen America, Madison Laprade, were in attendance helping the kids make ornaments.
Last but not least, nearly 25 volunteers from Carter’s/OshKosh B’gosh were on hand helping the kids decorate holiday stockings.
As always, thanks to our awesome photographers, Rustic White Photography, Sarah Esther Photography and Cassandra Young Photography for coming out to photograph the event and documenting the fun event!
On Friday, October 11, Bert’s Big Adventure families gathered together for the annual fall reunion adventure at Philips Arena. Feld Entertainment generously donated dinner and tickets to “Disney On Ice: Let’s Celebrate!” to all of the Bert’s Big Adventure families and staff members so that the group could enjoy each others company during an evening filled with fun.
Families also enjoyed entertainment before the show; Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse both stopped by to personally say hello!
Last but not least, Bert’s Big Adventure revealed the 5th Annual Magical Moments Magazine – an annual publication that gives readers an intimate look inside the organization.
On Monday, July 15th, Bert’s Big Adventure families gathered together for the annual Splash Bash Pool Party and reunion adventure. The Piedmont Park Conservancy generously donated tickets for every guest to the Piedmont Park Aquatic Center for a fun, two-hour swim. More than 70 families were in attendance. Guests enjoyed the awesome pool, a pizza dinner and great company!
Thanks to, Rustic White Photography, Sarah Esther Photography and Cassandra Young for coming out to photograph the event, and a big thanks to the Sage Parking Deck for donating parking for the evening!
Did you know Piedmont Park Conservancy raises 90% of the funds needed to maintain the park each year? That’s why they need your support! Visit piedmontpark.org and help keep Atlanta’s most visited park, lush green, safe and clean. Plus, by making a donation to Piedmont Park Conservancy, you will automatically be entered to win a great prize each week this summer.
Spring Reunion at The Hawks Game – April 2013
On Friday, April 12th, Bert’s Big Adventure families gathered together for the annual spring reunion adventure at Philips Arena. The Atlanta Hawks generously donated dinner and tickets to the game for all of the Bert’s Big Adventure families and staff so that the group could cheer on the Atlanta Hawks vs. Milwaukee Bucks. (And yes, the Hawks won 109 to 104!)
Families also enjoyed lots of pre-game entertainment by Harry the Hawk, Atlanta Hawks cheerleaders, a caricature artist, a face painter and more!
In addition, Bert and Stacey Weiss were recognized on court during half time as part of the Atlanta Hawks Be Greater Atlanta program. The effort is based on United Way’s latest campaign designed to recognize individuals throughout Metro Atlanta that are making a difference in their communities.