Dear Bert’s Big Adventure community,
Our office is closed, but our team is still showing up from home every day to move our mission forward. We continue to ask ourselves the same question every day:
How can we serve our families better?
At Bert’s Big Adventure’s core, we are a community. Yes, we take a magical, all-expenses-paid, five-day journey to Walt Disney World each year, but our heartbeat is the connections that form on our trip… The connections that we continue to foster at our Family Reunion Adventures and through our Fairy Godparent Volunteer Program. The journey is once-in-a-lifetime, but Bert’s Big Adventure family bonds are for life.
That said, and as you may have guessed, we had to cancel our Spring Family Reunion Adventure before we had a chance to invite our families. But, as of now, we’re still pushing forward to plan our Summer and Fall Family Reunions so the kiddos can re-connect and further their friendships. We’ll be following CDC guidelines, of course!
There’s one thing that hasn’t changed. Incredible things happen when our Bert’s Big Adventure community comes together.
In case you’ve missed them, here are a couple of fun, virtual activities that were created for our families, and we’d love nothing more than for you to enjoy the fun, too:
- Bert’s Big Adventure Book Club: Monday – Friday at 10 a.m., Bert’s Big Adventure is featuring its new Book Club where StoryTime Stars read a children’s book on the Bert’s Big Adventure Facebook page. We hope to give you a ‘virtual hug’ by giving our caregivers a moment to push pause (or grab some coffee) and provide our sweet younger audience a little entertainment and joy. It’s hard to believe, but today already marked the 18th Bert’s Big Adventure Book Club reading!
- Your Space Virtual Race: We’re going the social distance together on Saturday, May 2nd with the Bert’s Big Adventure Your Space Virtual Race! It’s pretty simple. For a $15 tax-deductible donation to Bert’s Big Adventure, you can join this “challenge” community. You’ll pick your goals and walk, run, or ride at your pace, in your space. You’ll also choose a superhero that you can honor and celebrate along the way! Click here to join the challenge!
- Kids’ Movement with BACH! These classes are private to our Bert’s Big Adventure families and are great for all abilities. The classes are all done over Zoom so the kiddos can see each other, too! You’re sure to smile- get a sneak peek by clicking here!
With all of this in mind, we want to ask you:
- How are YOU doing?
- What are your challenges, and can we help?
- Are you a recurring donor that needs to pause your donations?
- Do you have questions for Bert’s Big Adventure?
Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will respond as quickly as we can. If we can help, we will. And until we can see each other again or gather at another Bert’s Big Adventure event or fundraiser, please know that we are thinking of you. This community of support has never been more important.
Please take care and talk soon,