Thank you for your interest in applying and/or nominating a child for the Bert’s Big Adventure trip to Walt Disney World. Established in 2002, Bert’s Big Adventure is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides a magical, all-expenses-paid, five-day journey to Walt Disney World® for children with chronic and terminal illnesses and their families. Here are just a few things you should know before you begin the process!
- Families do not need to be nominated to apply! You can apply for your own family at any time without being nominated first.
- The selection process is not based on votes; we only accept one nomination/application per child.
- All applications must be submitted by October 13, 2016 to be accepted. Families will be notified no later than January 15, 2017.
Please read the qualifications before moving on to your next step!
Bert’s Big Adventure qualifications include the following:
- The child has been diagnosed with a chronic or terminal illness, or is physically challenged.
- The child is between the ages of 5 and 12 years old, or will be at the time of the trip (February 2017).
- The child has never been to Walt Disney World.
- Without the help of Bert’s Big Adventure, the family does not have the financial means available to afford a trip to Walt Disney World.
- The child/family must live in the radio listening area of The Bert Show. Applications will be accepted from the Atlanta, GA; Brunswick, GA; Charleston, SC; Copeland, KS; Dallas, TX; Dothan, AL; Fort Wayne, IN; Grand Forks, ND; Hugoton, KS; Huntington, WV; Jamestown, ND; Macon, GA; Myrtle Beach, SC; Nashville, TN; and Pierre, SD; listening areas for the 2017 trip.